Wednesday, 23 July 2014

hello. to a new adventure

It has been ages since I sat down in front of this post editor page to type out a new page for Sunflowers and Spears. I have been in the process of many many changes and also a high pile of new work. Some of you would have seen from previous posts that I was running the hello.cafe coffee shop since January. And if you follow them on Facebook then you would have already seen the post bidding me farewell. Yes, it is true. My heart is already being called elsewhere and Lee and I must be obedient to what is exciting our spirits. I thought that I should just give you a little history to this (sudden) change.

After Lee and I got married we spoke often about our different hopes for the future. Mine would always consist of visiting Greece, New York, and all those beautiful places I see on Pinterest. I knew deep down that some were just unrealistic and some were genuine hopes. Lee's hopes, however, sounded a little different to mine. Being the man, the one who wants to provide, he hoped for a safe home and children. After many evenings discussing these things and realising neither actually longed as deeply for each other's hopes as the other did we gave it to God and let Him do His thing. 

Within a year, God has changed out hearts so much! Lee has been so drawn to the idea of travelling and has even gained a passion for the States. God has changed my heart to wanting children, from a very unusual desire not to have a child to actually becoming more open to it and praying blessing on whatever future He has for us in that regard. 

With this being said, we have started the long but exciting adventure to move to America. We have some ideas of what we want to do but we have still got a long way to go. I will try to post more regularly and will hopefully have more news to write to you soon.

This printable by Happiness Is is so fitting for this time :)

1 comment:

Pascale said...

Wow! What an exciting turn of events!
Wishing you both an incredible future together with many adventures and happiness, and later a chance to start that family when you are both ready.
xx

Pin It button on image hover