Tuesday, 04 February 2014

Red.

As I type this my very own red velvet cupcakes have just been taken out of the oven. They smell so yum and the cream cheese frosting is about to be whipped up. But I did a lot of research before trying my own red velvet cupcakes as baking uses a lot of ingredients and if you are a perfectionist like me, you can't just make mediocre. These are not my pictures but these pictures as well as the quirky recipe post by Joy the Baker made me try her version of the recipe. Don't they look scrummy??!! They require buttermilk which is not something I just add to my grocery list but luckily for me Joy the Baker had some fantastic alternatives to making your own buttermilk and there I had it - all the ingredients for perfect red velvet cupcakes :)
You can find the link to the post & recipe right here

I will probably post a picture of my final attempt at these on my Instagram account so follow me : @kellylubbee.
(This was my first attempt - they were yum)

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover