Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Black Attack

For some reason many women seem to stray from black nail polish... I on the other hand absolutely embrace it with all 10 fingernails!

There are some rules obviously to the black attack...

1. Don't wear it with all black unless you are wearing your LBD and some very elegant bling. This makes the black on your nails seem like an addition to the outfit rather than another rebellious way to get noticed and be feared.

2. Keep you nails short. Long + black = witch! Short + black = stylish! Do the deed and chop down to size to wear this colour well.

3. Wear it with brights. Rather than wearing it with pastels (which will water it down) wear it with bright colours! You'll be right on trend wearing black nails with bright block colours.

4. Wear it to work. Surprise, my nails are black as I type from my office desk! It can look very sophisticated with a good "working girl" outfit.

I found a really great thick black nail polish from Dischem. By the brand LA Girls, it contains diamond shine and white tea extract to nourish and protect rather than being to harsh.
If you are concerned about your nails becoming yellow after wear, just follow these rules :
1. Make sure you wear an undercoat.
2. Take the nail polish off about 2 or max 3 days after applied. The longer you leave it on, the worse it will be.
3. If you have any yellow or discolouration then scrub your nails with lemon extract and always remember to moisturize with a moisture-rich cream and possibly use cuticle oil for more protection.
Image by savedbychanel.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black is so dark, it's intimidating! I do wear navy blue from time to time though. I would probably wear a black crackle if I were to do black.

Kelly Lubbee said...

Wow,navy... I haven't seen that colour in stores but would adore to have a bottle of that! I also must say I love using grey! Light dove grey and also a gun metal grey!

Gill said...

Love black nails, and totally agree, you have to go short to rock this colour.

Pin It button on image hover