Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Brioche vs Bread

I have fallen head over meals in love with a possibly very unhealthy but definitely delicious breakfast! I only know of one place in Durbs that does it but I had a great one during the week in JHB last week at Vovo Telo in Parkhurst. This is it : Brioche french toast with berry coulis and either marscapone cheese or vanilla bean cream. Yep, you did just gain 5kgs reading that description but it is OK I am sitting here typing(- 50calories) and drinking my green mint tea. But it is not just the delicious mix of ingredients that makes this breakfast one of my favourites. It is the swap from plain (healthy) bread to the incredible Brioche bread that makes any meal instantly more delightful! What is the difference? Brioche has more egg and butter content almost categorising it as a pastry more than a bread. The better categorisation is a Viennoiserie (fancy word meaning "things of Veinna"). Anyways, why am I telling you this? Ah, it is just good to learn new things and know what you are eating! This is the one I had here in Durbs!
If you are in Durban try Ferrucci Bakery in Granada Square (Umhlanga)
If you are in Johannesburg try Vovo Telo in 4th Avenue, Parkhurst.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover