Monday, 15 August 2011

ENGAGED is the word of the day!

Yes, it is true. I am engaged to be a Mrs. It was an incredible week leading up to the finale and I couldn't have asked for better.
If anyone asked, the proposal began on Monday...

MONDAY : 3 Yellow roses - my favourite number & favourite colour - were delivered to my office with a beaded USB. The USB came with a note to plug in and click on "Because I can..." . I inserted the USB to find a slide show with a great song. It was so cute.

TUESDAY : Was a public holiday. We had a beautiful day having a picnic with friends. Songs were sung... =)

WEDNESDAY : Sunflower and chocies were what welcomed me during my lunch break... All my favourite things.

THURSDAY : Kelly-appreciation-night took place. I thought I was going to a braai but all of sudden we were all scooted outside to sit around and give me gifts and words of encouragement. It was so weird and I was very confused.

FRIDAY : All the young guys at our youth group brought me a flower.

SATURDAY : The evening started with drinks at Moyo on the Pier. Then we headed back to the Moyo restaurant for dinner. (VERY pricey). His plan was to have a picnic set up on the beach with our dessert. He was going to plant the sunflowers around the picnic blanket but the plan was washed away and so he blind folded me and took me for a stroll to the pier at Umhlanga. The Umhlanga Pier has huge sentimental value for us both and so it was perfect. He placed a huge bunch of sunflowers in my hand and the box (little round wooden engraved box). Said his speech, got on one knee, and POP!
I had no idea as it was our six year dating anniversary on Sunday and I assumed it was for that.
The ring he designed has so much meaning.
It has two ropes on either side which represent us. It also means that like rope, we have been through much and so have many "strands". The more strands rope has, the stronger it is.
The central loop represents God. He is the centre of our relationship and holds us.
There are three diamonds on each side of this loop - three my number and the diamonds are his moms from her engagement ring.
It truly is all I could ask for!
To my fiancé, I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelly...you certainly have grown into a beautiful lady...your parents can be very proud of you. Love Michele.

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

CONGRATS!!!!
That has to be the most romantic proposal ever!! And your ring is beautiful and so sentimental...
Enjoy every moment of this special time in your lives x

Maryanne said...

Congratulations Kelly and Lee! What an absolutely gorgeous ring - so unusual, romantic and sentimental. Wonderful - I love it

Pin It button on image hover